Thursday, February 19, 2009

problems with blogger

fyi, i have been having difficulties posting comments on the blog. A couple people have left comments and the site is not letting me respond to those for some reason.

A few thoughts in response to Kara, you remind me to keep prevailing Discourses in mind as I go through these enquiries. I am struck by how ideologies of meritocracy, extreme individualism, and a-historical thinking intersect and produce interesting effects... how, as you note, star players know just what they should say when the camera is rolling -- anyone can do what I do -- when 'we' know this not to be true... how society often attributes athletes' success to sheer talent, hard work ethic, determination, etc, but fails to pinpoint the systems of support, privilege, and power that also makes people what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment